Friday 14 November 2008

Thought Bubble

I was at the Thought Bubble comics event in Leeds on saturday, it was a great day and an astonishingly well organised event. The hall it was in was huge, and for once at a comic con not unbearably hot and stuffy! 

My comics didn't do badly, I dished out about 40 or 50 copies of I Cashed A Dead Man's Pension, and gave away all my spare Battle doubles, they went down rather well.

I got some fantastic comics and books which I've been reading for the last week. Some graphic novels by Jason, a signed copy of Al Ewing's novel I, Zombie, and lots of small press.

A new issue of Banal Pig is always a joy, and number 4 might be the best one yet. I loved the apocalyptic tone towards the end, but poor old Truculent Strawberry!

The epic Can I Borrow Your Toilet? by Gareth Brookes was probably my favourite comic from Thought Bubble, it's funny and moving and quite brilliant, you really should read it. 

I was most looking forward to seeing the new issue of Mallard because I've got a story in it, and I'm really pleased with how it's turned out, it's a top issue. Tom England's The Escapist and Joe Baddely's The Adventures of Racist Jim are recommended too!

Also splendid new issues of Sgt Mike Battle and Monkeys Might Puke, and a preview of Cosmic Apple's new series, I always forget to get something though, and missed out on Ben Powis' beautiful looking comics. Ah well, next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment