Wednesday 7 April 2010

The Flying Bikes of Paradise


It's been an eventful couple of weeks here at Chateau Beans. Sadly I couldn't attend the now legendary and fabulously brilliant Hi-Ex in Inverness, but I was there in spirit my friends, and I truly missed you all. Thanks to my pals from the Paper Jam Comics Collective there was a special edition of The Spine Chillers to read though...
Speaking of the Paper Jammers, their new anthology comic History...And That approaches, and I'll have a story in it, a colaboration with my dear friend Paul Thompson. It's about Pirates. I bloody love Pirates, me. This one is about my favourite Pirate of all, Bartholomew Roberts. He was like the Alan Moore of Pirates or something.
Last month's issue of Judge Dredd Megazine featured an article about Renegade Arts Entertainment, and included among many other things, an interview with me! It was quite a thrill...
The nominations for this years Eagle Awards have started, and I'm on the list in the Best Web Comic category for The Spine Chillers! Blimey. Thanks so much to everyone who has voted for me, and if anyone else wants to, well you know how much I love you...
And work continues apace on The Spine Chillers, new Magic Beans Comics, and my semi-legendary childrens book, The Boo Boat.
But mostly what I've been doing is preparing for the birth of my son! I am excited beyond words, and lots of other emotions too, some of them quite scary. But this is the most incredible experience of my life. Me and Jo have decided to call him Dylan. He's named after Barry Van Dyke's character in the seminal science fiction series Galactica 1980. (note to Jo, Mam and world: I'M JOKING!)
Although seeing as my boy will one day be a citizen of the 22nd century, I hope he will own a flying bike eventually...
I'll keep you posted kids, it won't be long now.
Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment