Monday 11 February 2008

Samurai Showdown

Ghost Dawg

Ghost Dog-The Way of The Samurai is one of my favourite films, and I would say one of the ten best films of the 1990s. One of the things I love about it most is the extraordinary music score by The RZA from Wu-Tang Clan. The soundtrack album was disappointing though, it's good but more of an 'inspired by the film' affair. Not what I wanted!

I recently discovered that RZA's score for the film was available in Japan, so I ordered it on import. It was expensive, and took forever to arrive, but it was worth it. I'm listening to it non-stop, (apart from a little Calexico here and there) I find it hugely inspiring and it's without question my favourite soundtrack album ever. A masterpiece.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue_UDHH-EzY

1 comment:

  1. I've always wondered whether to watch that film or not. I think you've convinced me!

    Paul

    ReplyDelete