Saturday 30 October 2010

BICS Beiderbecke


I had a proper great time at BICS!
It was a superb weekend, and it was great to see everyone again and to make some new friends too, it feels like I've been out of the game forever but its only been about a year. It was a bit of a disastrous start like, the stock for the Renegade table didn't turn up in time, and the bloody car broke down on the way to the station. But the good folks of comic land saved the day, I managed to get some comics posted to my hotel on saturday morning, and Paul and Britt brought me down a table cloth. Extra special thanks to Gentleman Jim Campbell though, for making some banners and posters for the table at the last minute, he's a star, as you all know anyway. And I didn't eat that much at the Chinese! Well ok, I probably did... Jo was unsurprised, she says I eat that much all the time. At least I didn't want to go out for a kebab at 4 in the morning afterwards like Timson... Didn't really buy that much, Sgt Mike Battle Vol 1, London Calling (Keith Page! KEITH PAGE!) Dark Judgement, and Laura Howell's Adventures of Gilbert and Sullivan off the top of my head, haven't even unpacked yet. Oh and I love my Zombo mask quite passionately :) And I got two sketches for the boys, a fab Scooby Doo from Bolt 01, and Timson's interpretation of Iggle Piggle is a joy to behold, Dylan loves it. So thanks to you all for making it a fantastic weekend, when I was alternating between drunken euphoria and missing my family terribly. And thanks to everyone for the kind words about Spine Chillers and for buying my comics and that :)
Can't wait for Thought Bubble now!

No comments:

Post a Comment